1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Question about adding a reciever and WHDS

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by faspina, May 24, 2010.

1. faspina

faspina Legend

Sep 14, 2006
    I have a simple setup now. Two receivers, HR21-700, HR20-700. I have two coax cables running to each of the receivers. I do not use a multi-switch. If I wanted to add two TV's, two non DVD HD receivers and then WHDS what would I need. I do not use Deca or SWIM right now. Both receivers are on wired Ethernet, I called and activated WHDS unsupported. But I want to add the TV and HD receivers without adding additional DVR. Do I need a multi switch or can I go to SWIM and DECA for WHDS.

2. jpitlick

jpitlick Icon

Apr 19, 2007
    If you're going to the unsupported route, you just need a WB68 multiswitch or a SWM-8/PI/splitter(s).