1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about adding additional reciever

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by 2012law, Jul 31, 2012.

1. 2012law

2012law New Member

Jul 31, 2012
    I have a dual LNB dish that is connected to a Zinwell WB68. I have two DVR's connected that are using the first 4 outputs. The other 4 outputs run into 2 different rooms. I am trying to connect a standard receiver in one of those rooms and when I plug it in it just says that it is searching for satellite signal. The receiver has been activated. Does it have something to do with the coax cable? Since there are 2 that run into the room and I only need one for the standard receiver?

Thanks.

2. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida

Welcome to dbstalk.

Dual LNB eh? Those are quite old. No HD?
    What DVRs do you have now? Model numbers such as HRxx?
    And the standard receiver, what is its model number? Hxx?
    Might be a SWM only receiver and you don't have a SWM system.

If you fill in the missing items above we may get you an answer.

3. wallfishman

wallfishman Icon

Dec 31, 2008
    It should work fine.. If one wire dont work then try the other one. make sure you are connecting to sat in on the receiver not off air in. after you connect it reset the box , see what happens. depending on where that box was last working at you may need to go into menu and do repeat satellite setup. from the sounds of it you have "18 inch Round" for dish and "Multiswitch" when you do repeat sat setup. try that..