1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

question about Dish's offer of free ROKU device... which model are they shipping out?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by tenwinecans, Oct 15, 2012.

1. tenwinecans

tenwinecans Cool Member

Aug 20, 2012
    question about Dish's offer of free ROKU device...
    which model are they shipping out?

LT, HD, XD, or XS?

Thanks!

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
  3. tenwinecans

tenwinecans Cool Member

Aug 20, 2012
    I don't watch AMC because their shows are lame, IMHO. That's not how I got the free ROKU. I should complain about AMC and get a 2nd ROKU? :D :D :D

Dish offered me a free ROKU because my Sling adapter is currently useless. The tech support team told me the issue was in the app. It ceased working after the August update. They had no idea when an update would be out to fix it, so they offered me a choice of HBO or STARZ for 50% off for a year, or the ROKU. I chose the ROKU. (only because I have never heard of the ROKU before and thought it was a $200 device :( )

So apparently Dish is just sending out free ROKU to customers as compensation? :(

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    will get it in 5 days,
    after play a roulette and got very hard push to subscribe "qualifying package" , no answer when asked where is the 'requirement' posted ? it was two so damn unfriendly women :( they didn't allow me to finish my sentence, answer to their questions ...

next call and some calmly women from retention dept gave the Roku XD in 2 minutes conversation, sheeeez !

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    Right. Actually you can buy the Roku box from a store for $60-90.