1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Question about DTV Premium Protection Plan

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by djcardinal, Oct 2, 2013.

1. djcardinal

djcardinal New Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Louisville, KY
    Was told this covers accidental items as well. I see the ADH for laptops, tablets, etc, but not TV's. Lets say moving a TV the screen cracks. If I am reading the T&C correctly, its not covered . . . Correct??

Thanks

DJ

2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    It states in the Service Coverage under "What Is Not Covered" (Damage caused by accidental or intentional physical damage.).

3. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I'm hoping the crack is a hypothetical...

4. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    I have saw a case where a cracked screen was covered by the Protection Plan with ADH. The screen was cracked by a kid that thew a ball and hit it. They disclosed this information to N.E.W (Protection Plan) and they covered it.

5. djcardinal

djcardinal New Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Louisville, KY
    Its Hypothetical, just curious, as the tech said they covered accidents, which I found hard to believe. He siad the 19.95 covered that, and did not specify the ADH coverage.

He was probably miss informed.

I don't think its worth it if it doesn't cover accidental stuff. Most things work . . . usually.

DJ

6. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Until they brake.....

"usually" thinks are working before they break.... !rolling