1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about EA & WA

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by m_roulston, Apr 30, 2010.

1. m_roulston

m_roulston New Member

Jun 27, 2008
    I live on a heavily wooded lot and it took a lot of effort for the installers to figure out how to set up the dishes so that I could get the best reception. This past summer, due to multiple issues with my receiver, Dish sent an installer out to see if my system could be changed and I was told that a different set up probably would not work because the new satellite was lower in the sky.

I've seen some threads that discuss the EA and the WA and I was wondering if someone who lives in Florida might be able to access the WA. I have a lot more trees that block the line of sight to the East than I do to the West. I do have one dish on the roof that points to the East and another in the front yard that points to the south. They are older dishes but I don't know the model name (sorry).

Based on the limited amount of information that I was able to provide, would anyone think it is worth my while to pay Dish to have someone come out and see if I can access the EA or WA? Would I still have to pay even if they weren't able to change the setup?

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    A survey is likely to cost you money unless they are successful.

I'd hook up with a local retailer and tell them of your plight.

3. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
  4. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    From western Florida (Pensacola) 61.5 is at 45 degrees elevation and about 137 degrees azimuth.

For contrast sake, 129 is 32 degrees elevation and azimuth of 240.

61.5 should be much easier to see than 129 and 61.5 is the lowest of the EA satellites in the east.

If your trees are below 45 degrees LOS there should be no problem with EA.