1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Question about extra dishes....

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by patblue03, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patblue03

patblue03 Cool Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Hey,
    If I want to use my directv service on my tv at my business, how would I do that? Could I just bring a cheapo round dish to work and put it up there, get another SD box, maybe a tivo, and just add it on to my existing account. That would suck if I had to get a whole separate account. Let me know! thanks!

2. Blitz68

Blitz68 Hall Of Fame

Apr 19, 2006
    Techinically speaking you would have to get another account. But what you mentioned first would work.

3. Cap'n Preshoot

Cap'n Preshoot Godfather

Jul 16, 2006
    So long as you did not connect a phone line, which by the way is not a mandatory requirement, the additional receiver could be literally anywhere and no one would be the wiser. However, this is a violation of your subscriber's contract so if you do it I wouldn't go around bragging about it.

4. AnonomissX

AnonomissX Godfather

Jun 29, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV
    I see you are in Fullerton, CA, and based on a google search, one of the zip codes in your area, 92832, puts you smack in the great Los Angeles, CA market.

So, if all you are doing is SD programming, and your office is in your same general area, then yes, a "cheapo" single round dish is all you would need.

5. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    What is your business? Since you're asking about a cheapo dish and a single box, I'm guessing you're not talking about having the viewing of the program available to the general public. If it's, for instance, a dentist's office and the box would be connected to a TV in the lobby, or it's an "eating and drinking establishment" where there would be a TV viewable by your cutomers, I would think you'd be required in either instance to actually have a separate business/commercial account.

If only for your viewing let's say, you could do it, but technically it is a violation of your customer agreement. All receivers on the same account should be connected to the same phone number.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.