1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about HDMI Splitters

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by Groundhog45, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Groundhog45

Groundhog45 Hall Of Fame

Nov 9, 2005
    Cedar Park,...
    Has anyone used an HDMI splitter to connect one satellite receiver to two TVs? I have two TVs that are not used very often and could get by with one receiver but I certainly don't want to be swapping the HDMI cables when I go from one TV to the other. Here are some examples of HDMI splitters at Monoprice. Does anyone have any experience with splitters like these? Thanks.

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    I would read reviews first - one of them wasn't promising: " Constant HDCP issues. Would not recommend".

3. tgater

tgater Godfather

Jul 24, 2007
    I use a HDMI switcher That I bought from Mono Price folow this linky: http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...=2#description
    It allows me to have two TV's via HDMI as well as four inputs.
    I bought 25 foot cables from rat shack that were disco'd for less than 20 bucks and I can watch from the HR21, DVD or Xbox in the Master bedroom or master bathroom. The only thing I can't do is watch 2 different channels.

4. Groundhog45

Groundhog45 Hall Of Fame

Nov 9, 2005
    Cedar Park,...
    Thanks for the info. No problem with watching two channels since it will be one room or the other.

Most of the customer evaluations were pretty good. They had a different model listed a few weeks ago that had all good reports but I don't see it any more. I guess I can try one and send it back if it doesn't work. A switch may be another workable solution.