1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Question about Installs in the Albany, NY Area

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Kevin F, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    Can anyone that has had DirecTV installed recently tell me how good the chances of receiving H(R)24 units are? I ordered the whole home dvr option also which I heard increases the chances. I also ordered the ICK. Any and all input is appreciated.

Thanks
    Kevin

2. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    57.842% chance.

If they have it on the truck you will get it. If they don't, then you get whatever they have.

3. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    That makes sense... on the order notes the CSR put a note down saying that we want the 24s. All well, we can only hope.

4. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Getting the whole home at the same time, you "should" get the 24s, but if they don't have them then can't give them to you. Just ask nicely if they have the 24s when they roll up, that way they grab it when they take stuff inside, but if they don't even have them with them there isn't much to do about it.