1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question About Moving

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Jefferz007, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Jefferz007

Jefferz007 New Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Hey Everyone,

I am new here and I have a couple questions about moving with your Directv service.

I understand the whole deal about calling them to move, but we are talking about getting another HDTV when we get moved (We currently have one), and I read on the DirecTV website that you are eligible for upgrades, and I was wondering if any of you have dealt with them on this because I would like to get another HD DVR when we move?

Here is what the site says:

"Moving to your new home is a great time to enhance your television experience. You can sample new channels, upgrade your equipment or add additional equipment, or get HD. Make sure to ask your DIRECTV Movers Agent for special promotions, upgrades and more when you call 1-877-616-MOVE."

Thanks!

2. Mertzen

Mertzen Hall Of Fame

Dec 8, 2006
    Yup, just call and tell them you want to upgrade. they give you a deal based on your account etc.

I've done plenty mover's where people upgrade to HD or DVR.

3. commodore_dude

commodore_dude AllStar

Aug 25, 2008
    Yup. I called them a couple of days ago because I'm moving this week, upgraded my SD box to an HD box for free, could have upgraded to an HD DVR for $99...

4. Jefferz007

Jefferz007 New Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Thanks! I will definitely mention it to them then and see what they can do for me.