1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question About Sports Blackouts?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by njfoses, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. njfoses

njfoses Legend

Sep 14, 2007
    Atlanta
    Im a new subscriber in the NY dma. I have the premier package that includes all the rsn's. My question is when the rsn's hd and non hd broadcast hockey, basketball, baseball etc will i be able to watch the games or do you have to be in the rsn's dma to get the games? For example if the penguins are on fsn Pittsburgh will i get that game? Thanks.

Mike

2. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    Nope. You will need the appropriate sports subsciption (NHL CI, NBA LP, NFL ST, MLB EI) to get out of market games.

3. Crypter

Crypter Godfather

Jun 21, 2007
    And even then you may not get the FSN Pittsburg feed if while they play the Tampba Bay Lightning D* decides to use the FSN Florida Feed for NHL CI. This is of course hypothetical since FSN Florida is not currently live in HD yet.

Many people have already brought this up. Somehow E* is able to provide both feeds for every game to their NHL CI subscribers but D* cannot.

As far as I know there has been no PROVEN explaination as to why this is the way it is. So far it's all speculation since we do not know the inner working of D* or E*

4. njfoses

njfoses Legend

Sep 14, 2007
    Atlanta
    Thats what i figured. My fear of signing up for a sports package is that im in the NY dma but a stones throw away from the phila dma. I would love to get flyer and sixer games which i know wont be in hd due to directv not being able to provide csn phila. Im afraid even if i sign up being that im on the border of dma's i still may not get the games. This happened earlier this year when a phillies game was on espn-hd and i was blacked out even though im not in the phila dma, probably because im so close.

Mike

5. Crypter

Crypter Godfather

Jun 21, 2007
    I hear ya. I live in Rochester, MN about 5 Hours away from Milwaukee, WI but yet I am conidedered as living in Brewer Country and since I am a Florida Marlins fan and I have MLB EI I could not watch the 3 game series they played in FLorida because I was blacked out. Supposedly they wanted me to watch the local broadcast but I don't live in Milwaukee so I was screwed! Blackout rules really SUCK!

6. celticpride

celticpride Icon

Sep 6, 2006
    I live in SO.CAL. and would like to see ALL my celtics game on league pass with the celtic announcers even if it wasn't in HD. If the game is televised by BOTH TEAMS why can't we pick the game with our teams announcers?

7. alevine1986

alevine1986 Godfather

Jul 10, 2007
    As a Mets fan living in Dallas, I had the same problem when the Mets played the Astros, even though Houston is four hours away and most of the Astros broadcasts are not on in Dallas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.