1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about surge protector w/MRV

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by fiendz666, Nov 18, 2010.

1. fiendz666

fiendz666 AllStar

Oct 6, 2006
    I noticed the surge protector connected to my LCD, HR22, DVD, and DECA is looking pretty old. I went out and bought a new one.

Since the 2 DECA's (one the HR22 and the othe for broadband) are connected to this surge protector, will I needed to reset anything after I make the switch or will there not be any issue?

Thanks in advance for any answers to this question.

2. armchair

armchair Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2009
    If you have static IP addresses, I don't think you'll have any problem. Give it up to 15 minutes after the restart when re-applying power allow the receivers to "find" each other on their own. IOW, wait before you intervene if the playlist is incomplete.

If you encounter a problem, go int network setup, restore defaults and connect. If using static IPs, note the static settings and re-apply them after the restore/connect.

3. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    I haven't had a Problem with having all of my 7 DVRs connected to Surge Protectors but it does take some time for it to Repopulate everything including the Guide and the MRV Status of all connected DVRs.

4. fiendz666

fiendz666 AllStar

Oct 6, 2006
    I do have static IP addresses.

I kinda thought I would need to wait a little for the guide to repopulate and the MRV status.

Thanks for your help, guys :biggthump

5. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    You are Welcome and Enjoy WHDVR (MRV) once you get it working as it should work.