1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for Mark

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by kmcnamara, Jan 31, 2004.

1. kmcnamara

kmcnamara Icon

Jan 30, 2004
    Mark,

Are you prohibited by your NDA from indicating when you get beta releases to test? I realize you can't indicate what is being fixed. Just wondering if you can even indicate when you've got new software. It might give us some rough indication about a new release. Thanks.

2. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    So far, the Dish people that I talk to haven't had any problem with me saying if I've got a beta version or not. Whether that will always be the case, I can't say. And I specifically get the go ahead each time.

Their concern is that it's impossible to guarantee a timetable when software comes out of beta. A lot of times we'll find something that is a real killer in the beta process that has to be fixed before the software can be released. Something that makes all of the so far reported bugs seem like a walk in the park. We found one of those in L144 which is why you never saw it...

I can tell you that right now, I'm running exactly the same software that you are.

3. kmcnamara

kmcnamara Icon

Jan 30, 2004
    Cool. I understand that guessing on software releases is not an exact science (I work in QA at a major software company). Just curious more than anything. Thanks.