1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for successful HR20 orders/installs

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by kaptron, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaptron

kaptron New Member

Mar 6, 2006
    I have a question for people that already successfully ordered their HR20's (especially that got it for $19.99 calling DTV), did you have to trade in your old receiver or anything like that? I have an HR10 that I paid $700 for from DTV's website over a year ago, and I'd gladly trade it in if that's what they require (but it doesn't sound like anyone is doing that...)

Also do you have to sign a 2 year lease? I might be moving in the next year so I'd prefer not to... I already signed a 2 year lease when I originally installed HD, would I have to start it over just to get the new receiver?

Haven't personally tried calling DTV about it yet, other than asking them about the HR20 last month (when I got the standard "coming this fall" response), just wanted to gather some more info before I did. According to people here I could get one at Best Buy in the bay area, but I'm also curious about the 2 year lease, etc., when going that route.

Thanks in advance.

2. Mavrick

Mavrick Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    I had the HR20 installed last Friday and got it for free did not have to pay the $19.99 they wavied that. They also let me keep my 3 week old HR10-250 reciever.

And yes you will have to sign a 2 year lease starting from the day that it is installed if I remeber correctly.

3. tommyb

tommyb Legend

Aug 18, 2006
    Got mine for shipping only. Csr asked me if I would be relocating my 5 month old, free upgrade H-20 or if I would be taking it out of sevice. So I assume that I get to keep it. I will let you know for sure tommorrow, install scheduled for the a.m.

4. cpbergie

cpbergie Mentor

Aug 21, 2006
    I got my HR20 on 9/8 and according to the installer, he was supposed to take my HR10, i asked if i could keep it, just in case there were problems with the HR20 and he had no problem with it.

5. LockMD

LockMD Godfather

Nov 16, 2005
    Like Maverick, mine was no charge at all. The only reason they are taking back their leased HR10-250 is because I deactivated it. If I kept it active there would have been no problem in keeping it.

6. les108

les108 Cool Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Had my HR-20 installed on 9/13.. I was sent a box via fed-ex and a shipping label to return the prior receiver

7. Larry G

Larry G Godfather

Apr 13, 2006
    Mine will be installed tomorrow. I'm keeping the H-20 I bought in Feb for that it's replacing. The CSR told me I did not have to keep the H-20 active to keep it. I assume that's because it is owned by me not leased.

8. gtjacket

gtjacket New Member

Sep 11, 2006
    I got my HR20 installed yesterday. While retention indicated they would take the HR10 back with them the installer didn't have it in his orders to do so. So, I still have the old unit. I did have to do the 2-year contract though.

9. tommyb

tommyb Legend

Aug 18, 2006
    I was able to keep mine. I already had the AT-9 as well, and the installer left the new one for me. He told me if it is on the order that it is mine. Now I have a spare. I figured since I as upgraded for free, I certainly wouldnt be allowed to keep the dish, but I was wrong. Anybody need one???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.