1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Question for those of you with LCD projectors -

Discussion in 'HDTV Equipment (Closed Forum)' started by scooper, Jul 11, 2005.

1. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    Question for those of you with LCD projectors -

I have a friend who has a largescreen LCD projector tyhat has a spider living in the TV. How do you get it out ?

TIA

2. ntexasdude

ntexasdude Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2005
    Q. How do you catch a unique spider?

A. Unique up on him.

:lol:

3. cadet502

cadet502 FHNSAB DBSTalk Club

Jun 17, 2005
    I have the extended service that includes bulbs, cleaning, and adjusting.

I would consider that "cleaning"

4. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
  5. lazaruspup

lazaruspup Godfather

Mar 18, 2005
    Are you speaking of a front or rear-projection unit...? If it is rear projection I would suggest calling a certified tech out and getting them to open the tv up and remove your little friend. This is actually quite a normal occurence to get "individuals" moving into your rear projection unit. If it is a front projection unit, check for warranty labels(the little pieces of tape that cover screw holes etc. to show you voided your warranty). IF there is none and you can find online advice for the particular model, open it up and blow it out good with a can of compressed air or a bicycle pump nozzle. If this isn't possible, the unit will have to be sent in for repair. I own a Sanyo PLV-Z2 and Sanyo actually recommends opening up your unit every 90-180 days and dusting the debris out, so if your manufacturer is cool with it, go for it.