1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question in regards to Contract and ETF

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by johnson1995, Sep 8, 2010.

1. johnson1995

johnson1995 AllStar

Sep 26, 2008
    As I know a lot of people on here are, I'm getting really sick and tired of the audio dropouts. DTv just doesn't seem interested in getting it fixed. Even my wife is starting to notice them which she usually doesn't notice things like that. I'm still under contract and would be asessed a hefty ETF if I cancelled now but don't you think one could argue that DTv has not fullfilled their end of the contract by not correcting this flaw?

2. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    You could argue it, but I don't think you'd win.

What exactly is happening with your audio dropouts? Are these during LiveTV satellite channels or when watching via OTA? Do they happen only when playing back recordings?

- Merg

3. johnson1995

johnson1995 AllStar

Sep 26, 2008
    I think it has to do with what others are experiencing with Dolby Digital on their 5.1 systems. Seems to happen most on the USA channel but have noticed on other MPEG 4 channels.

4. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    I understand that this problem is being actively worked on, but I understand your frustration. Keep in mind, though, that if you switch back to PCM, these problems mostly disappear (granted, you only get stereo, but...).