1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question on 722

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by cak144, Mar 26, 2009.

1. cak144

cak144 New Member

Mar 17, 2009
    I am currently a Directv customer, but plan to switch to Dish. I have 2 tv's - one HD and one SD. I am hoping to get a 722 receiver. The distance between the two tv's will require approx 80-90 ft of coax. Right now I have RG59 and Dish has told me that they would replace it with RG6. My question is whether it will cause any reception problems with the tv's being 80-90 ft apart. If so, what is the recommended maximum distance between two tv's on a 722 receiver?

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    The only likely reception problem is if you're also using the cable for something other than feeding the home distribution signal to the SD TV.

Of course I'm assuming that the RG59 cable is properly terminated and otherwise in good condition.

3. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    100' is no problem, even with RG59. The modulators in the Dish receivers are quite good. One issue you may have, though, is with the RF remote having trouble controlling the TV2 with the receiver so far away. If so, the easiest "fix" is to extend the remote antenna with a coax jumper and barrel. Often, just raising it a few feet will do the trick.

If that isn't enough, you can use a couple of splitters to move the remote antenna into the TV2 room.

[​IMG]

4. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Don't forget changing from "A" to "B" mode will increase the sensitivity as well. I would say that's the easiest thing to try right off the bat.