1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question on HR20

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by cdavis0720, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdavis0720

cdavis0720 Godfather

Jun 25, 2006
    Okay took the plunge and purchased the HR20 from Best Buy. D* is crediting me back for the purchase price and have the 5lnb dish scheduled for install.....
    Have the unit hooked up and running and will update the software later. One question I have is with the HR10-250 I could set the volume to control my home theater receiver and that would work whenever I hit the volume button by default. Is there any way to accomplish this with the HR20? I have it configured using the slide switch over to AV1 but would really like to have it like the old remote was. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. JJaret

JJaret Legend

Aug 25, 2004
    Silde switch to AV1 -> hold MUTE & SELECT until green light flashes twice - > enter 9 9 3 the green light flashes twice - > press SELECT key green light flashes twice. The remote will now only control volume of your AV receiver from no matter where the slide switch is set.

These instructions are spelled out it #4 of the AV remote program instructions in the HR20.

3. cdavis0720

cdavis0720 Godfather

Jun 25, 2006
    JJaret,

Thanks a bunch... I blew right by that in the book.... feel stupid now.

4. RCinFLA

RCinFLA Legend

Oct 3, 2006
    I am not sure, but I think the default is TV volume. I know after putting in the TV code, the TV volume works even if switch on remote is on Sat.

Other possibility is it serially, in time, puts out volume up/dwn codes for all devices programmed in remote.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.