1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question on Installation of HR34

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by dnelms, Feb 27, 2013.

1. dnelms

dnelms Legend

Nov 20, 2006
    Though the install took a lot longer than expected, I think all will work well. MY question to the group is this. DTV charged me $99 plus $49 for the install. The $99 charge is listed as the cinema connection kit. However, the installer did not have to install that since I already had an ethernet connection right by the box. I told the installer that I had long had the TV apps, Pandora and On Demand. I told the person this when I ordered the install. They had to install the SWiM and replace a LNB (I have the protection acct, so no charge).

Am I correct in that, given DTV labeling this on my account as the Cinema Connection Kit, I can consider this as being charged for something I did not need or get?

What else could the $99 be for?

2. Jacob Braun

Jacob Braun King of Awesome

Oct 5, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    The $99 was a charge for the CCK, which is only needed to get you a SWM install. Install of a CCK-Coax requires a SWM so if you're on a legacy install that's what does all of the receiver swaps and supported hardware needed for SWM. However you should not be charged for the CCK, it should show a charge and a credit. If you were charged for it, you need to call and ask for that to be credited back to you. The CCK-Coax fee is credited on Genie upgrades only, if it is required for you to get a SWM.

3. dnelms

dnelms Legend

Nov 20, 2006
    A quick update on trying to get that $99 credit. It took talking to 3 different people and no one could actually do anything, though each agreed it should come off as a charge. Took about an hour of talking and explaining the same thing over. Finally was told to let it come off the work order and they could then remove it. One minute after talking to the last person, DTV dispatch called my house to tell me they got a call from customer service and that I need the CCK that was not installed, to be installed!! Idiots! I told the dispatch person, what had happened. She said the CCK had been removed from the work order earlier by the tech and that obviously the CSR's did not bother to look good, as the work order had already been closed and clearly had the CCK removed.

Now I have to start this calling and explaining over again, even though they said the notes would reflect all conversations. I'm not optimistic about solving it so easily.

4. dnelms

dnelms Legend

Nov 20, 2006
    Final update - I finally got the credit applied.

All told, it took 5 different CSR's over a course of 2 days and me talking to them on the phone for a total of 94 minutes!!

Doubt it'll do any good, but I did send an email to Ellen Filipiak. No one should have to jump thru so many hoops just get a credit applied.

5. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    I hope you at least spelled her name correctly on the email, otherwise it won't get delivered.

6. dnelms

dnelms Legend

Nov 20, 2006
    I actually got the email address from a link on one of the answers here on the board. I could not remember the correct spelling when I wrote the post earlier and just googled it. That is the way it came up in Google.

7. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Actually, I spelled it wrong above. My bad. One recent thread had three different email addresses for her. You'll know if you used the correct one: you'll get a response in 1-2 days.

8. kram

kram Godfather

Sep 3, 2006