1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question on New 211

Discussion in 'ViP211(411)/211K/222 Support Forum' started by dnelms, May 15, 2013.

1. dnelms

dnelms Legend

Nov 20, 2006
    My parents just had 2 Echo 3900 boxes replaced with the 211HD boxes. On the old box, there was an output for coax that we used to show whatever was tuned on the Dish box to a small TV next to their dinner table. Used composite connections for their TV. Now that they have the updated box, I connected their TV with HDMI. I bought a small RCA to coax adapter thinking that the video signal from the composite (yellow) port on the new box would carry that signal thru the coax into the other room. Didn't work.

Does the 211 output signals thru all their ports at the same time?

Is it technically possible to use that adapter I bought from Monoprice to get the signal to the other TV?

Thanks

2. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    <p>All ports on the ViP 211 are active all the time.</p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>The ViP211 and ViP211k both have a TV out port on the back, you should be able to use that.</p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>I am not sure what the output channel is since there is no ch3-ch4 switch on the back, i presume there is a software method of setting the output channel.</p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>Just read the manual for 211k - output channels is 3 or 4 set in MEUN - System Setup - Installation - Modulator Setup.</p>

3. dnelms

dnelms Legend

Nov 20, 2006
    Thanks.. must have missed that or I have the wrong model number in my head.

EDIT: an update. The model is 211Z and it does NOT have a coax connection for TV out. So back to my original question... should the RCA to coax adapter work?

4. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    What do you have for an adapter a ch 3/4 modulator will connect to the red/white/yellow RCA jacks on the back of the receiver.

5. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    An RF modulator (or whatever is built into a VCR/DVD recorder) will work. Something that converts from RCA to coax will NOT as the RCA output is line level NTSC video and audio, NOT a TV channel.