1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question on setting recording times.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by hankmack, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hankmack

hankmack Legend

Feb 8, 2006
    Hi. I want to record a program every Mon through Friday on channel 3 at say 10PM. Do I have to enter each event one at a time or can I set it up just once?

TIA

2. rrcrosby

rrcrosby Mentor

Dec 17, 2006
    Go to the to do list.

In manual record set:

Record: Recuring
    Channel: 3
    When: Mon-Fri
    Start: 10:00 PM
    Duration: 1minute to 29 hours what ever you want

3. finaldiet

finaldiet Hall Of Fame

Jun 13, 2006
    You can double click )) program when its on or go into settings and search name and set according to what you want to do(first run, both, repeat). Then check settings by remote: click list, then yellow button to see To Do List. This is if you have HR20 receiver.

4. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    rrcrosby has described how to set up a manual recording. That works for any show or type of show. The only problem is, the HR20 will keep until you delete so you need to do a little housekeeping from time to time to delete old recordings.

If the show is a series, highlight it in the guide and press the R button twice. You should get an R)) symbol indicating it will record the series. Then you can select first run, repeat or both as finaldiet noted.

Carl

5. finaldiet

finaldiet Hall Of Fame

Jun 13, 2006
    Just a note Carl. Finaldiet is Carl also.:D

6. some_raisins

some_raisins Cool Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Any way to tell the HR-20 to only record a series at a specific time of day (ex. Hardball on MSNBC at 6PM)? Telling it to record only new epsiodes doesn't work for all programs -- it's recording every showing of Hardball at the moment. The manual recording option looks like a step in the right direction, but I'd like old recordings to roll off the HR-20 automatically as needed.

7. finaldiet

finaldiet Hall Of Fame

Jun 13, 2006
    To do first run series, go into settings, go to series, scroll right to change setting(both,first run or repeat, then scroll right to reset and click that. Now scroll left through everything back to set-up and scroll down to done. That should give you first run on hardball on your specified channel. Hope I didn't confuse you as thats how I get first runs only on both my HR20's.

8. finaldiet

finaldiet Hall Of Fame

Jun 13, 2006
    Forgot to mention that there is a time setting also in that menu.

9. mdrlou

mdrlou Cool Member

Mar 5, 2007
    I am confused. To record Mad Money on CNBC only at 3PM PDT and not 8PM or 1AM, it seems that I can only do that manually. Using the Scheduler and setting only first run, I still have the program scehuled at three different time. I only keep 1 show so my playlist only has one Mad Money but the Scheduler has about 35 set to record.
    I did not find where I could set the time like "finaldiet" stated in the above post

10. some_raisins

some_raisins Cool Member

Mar 13, 2007
    thanks for the tip - this fixed the problem for every series I have in my list except for Hardball. I assume Mad Money is the same way. I don't see any options to enter a specific time either, but maybe I don't have the latest firmware version. I'll try setting a manual recording.

11. finaldiet

finaldiet Hall Of Fame

Jun 13, 2006
    I have not set any certain time period as I only do first runs. I did see where you can manually set time for a program but I'll have to check it out tomorrow. I'm pretty sure you can set a cetain time to record a program. Are the other programs repeats that you don't want to record?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.