1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question re. a Whole Home DVR DECA setup

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Lord Vader, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Supreme Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    I have an owned but deactivated HR22 sitting in storage. My friend in California is thinking of buying it to add to his setup. He has 1 HD DVR, 1 HD receiver, and 2 SD receivers. His MRV setup is a DECA setup.

My MRV setup is not DECA; mine are all connected via ethernet. Therefore, I'm not familiar with how he'd go about connecting my HR22 to his setup if I sold him it. I guess a couple questions are:

1. If he adds the HR22 to his setup, how would he connect it to his DECA setup?
    2. On which of his current four receivers would he be able to view recordings made on the HR22?
    3. Would he be able to view recordings from his current, sole HD DVR on the HR22 I sell him?

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    The receivers without an internal DECA all simply use the white DECA adapter, which connects to the SAT 1 input for power and the ethernet port for networking.
    This has to be a SWiM system, but he already has one.
    All receivers on the same account, with networking will share/see recordings and play them. His SD receivers don't have networking options.

3. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Supreme Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    OK, I think I got it. Thanks.

4. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    He will need to get a new access card from DirecTV (about $20). If you currently have recordings on the unit you send him, I don't know if they would be available to him once the unit is activated on his account (suspect not).