1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question regarding S/W version updates

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by rlambert7, Jul 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rlambert7

rlambert7 Godfather

Feb 7, 2006
    The two S/W version updates I've received both occured during the wee hours of the morning. Each time I thought, "How considerate of D* to them when they are least likely to be a bother." It just occured to me to ask, though, what would happen if you were recording a show when an update occured? Or, is their protocol 'smart enough' to not do an update if a recording was in progress? (I often record NOVAs and other similar shows in the wee hours so as not to conflict with other recordings that I do during 'prime time')

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    The R15 will "normally" only apply an update when the unit is idol, and when it won't effect any future recordings.

I say "normally" as some people have reported that it has happened while they where watching live TV...

3. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Does that mean we have to worship it?

Carl

4. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    yes...

:)

You treat it nicely... it will treat you nicely.

5. qwerty

qwerty Hall Of Fame

Feb 19, 2006
    :bowdown:

6. jonaswan2

jonaswan2 Icon

Oct 29, 2005
    Earl, I think you meant idle. The R15 is the last thing I want to worship. :D

7. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    There is a reason why I never joined the spelling B :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.