1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Questions about Dish

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by brandnewfan, Jul 20, 2014.

1. brandnewfan

brandnewfan New Member

Dec 27, 2010
    I don't currently subscribe to any cable/satellite service (my last service was directv) and I was thinking of going with Dish. I'm not sure yet because I'm using Netflix and streaming everything now but for the right deal I might sign up.

I see new customers get HBO and Showtime free for three months. Are they able to budge at all on this, to say six months? Or are they able to offer anything more than their initial promotions for new customers? Like even cheaper deals? I'm just not sure if I want to sign up with a tv service again, so obviously the sweeter the deal, the more likely I'll agree to a contract. Anyone have experience with negotiating even during the initial sign up?

Does Dish have MLB extra innings?

Anyone that has had both directv and Dish, are there any big differences between them? The channel selection looks mostly the same.

2. The_Anomaly

The_Anomaly New Member

Jul 16, 2014
    United States
    The channel selection is pretty much the same. Dish does not have MLB Extra Innings. I don't know about talking them down in price when signing up, can't hurt to try.

The last time I priced it out Dish was a little bit less expensive than Direct.

3. brandnewfan

brandnewfan New Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Thanks for the reply. I was also thinking...directv used to have a "refer a friend" thing where if someone referred you, both of you got $10 off your bill for a year. Is there anything like that? My grandmother is on a tight budget and has Dish and I would love to be able to get her a discount.

I feel like I'm being cheap by looking for discounts everywhere...but I'm not really desperate for having tv back, I'd really only do it if it works for me financially.

4. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    Yes Dish has a refer a friend program. You get $50 off your first bill and the person that refers you gets $5 off their bill for 10 months. Have your grandmother call Dish and request that they send her one if she doesn't already have some around the house (Dish tends to send them to their customers in the mail every so often).