1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about getting DECA installed

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Sandy, May 19, 2010.

1. Sandy

Sandy Legend

Apr 22, 2002
    Texas
    My current set up is a slimline 5 that goes into a Zinwell switch then 2 lines to a HR21 downstairs, 2 lines to a HR22 in one upstairs bedroom, and 2 lines to an R16 in another upstairs bedroom (this BR is on the opposite of the house). All coax is run on the outside of the house.

This is an old house built in 1920. The walls are full of fireblocks that make fishing wire almost impossible. The outside is steel (not aluminum) siding. When the electrical wiring was redone, they actually had to remove sheetrock in places to get the wiring run.

I can have MRV using my home network using WGA600Ns at the HR21 and HR22. I have been beta testing that and it works. I don't want to have to redo the walls to install cables.

My question is can the DECA install be done with all the cabling and switches on the outside of the house the way it is now?

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    YES!!
    And it would use less of the cables.

3. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan New Member

Nov 29, 2005
    It sounds like you have a total of 6 tuners. You should be able to have a SWMLNB to replace your current LNB on your dish.

So yes...i don't see why you can't have DECA installed w/ no new equipment outisde that would be a concern for you.

4. Sandy

Sandy Legend

Apr 22, 2002
    Texas
    Good to know, thanks guys.