1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions for the main thread.

Discussion in 'Tips & Resources Collaboration' started by Scott Kocourek, Dec 6, 2011.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 6, 2011 #1 of 10
    Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Can you all think up some questions for each document to put into the master thread?
    Here are a couple of ideas. (links are dummies)

Examples:
    Where do I find First Looks on DIRECTV Equipment? DBSTalk First Looks Thread

What are dual live buffers? DoublePlay FAQ

What is DoublePlay?DoublePlay FAQ

Can I watch two things at the same time? DoublePlay FAQ

-----------------------------------------------
    Or do like this better?

What are dual live buffers?
    What is doublePlay?
    Can I watch two things at the same time?

Doubleplay FAQ

Then we can compile all of the questions and either Stuart of myself will put in the links.

2. Dec 6, 2011 #2 of 10
    F1 Fan

F1 Fan Icon

Aug 28, 2007
    I prefer the first format as it shows each question with its link. Also means they can be changed later if needed to be split out or a feature is changed.

One Question could be - What are all the HDDVRs (in newest to oldest order), Same for What are all the HD Receivers and then SD receivers.

Another Question could be "What are all the extras with Directv" which could point to a list with all the other things (VOD, DoublePlay, iPad App, Direct2PC etc.) A lot of people do not know about these features and so a quick list will help and the list would have links to more details etc.

3. Dec 7, 2011 #3 of 10
    Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    I must be losing it, I posted this in the wrong forum yesterday. UGH...

4. Dec 7, 2011 #4 of 10
    carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    What type of dish do I have?
    What is SWiM?
    What is SWM?

I'm not sure though that I would want to read through a posting with some long list of questions trying to find what I was looking for. Maybe have a list of available FAQ's, and a list of questions (all in one post, or split into two posts), with links.

5. Dec 7, 2011 #5 of 10
    Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I don't know...

I really like what milominderbinder2 did here: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=76617

and I'd like to see if we can do something at least as good.

6. Dec 7, 2011 #6 of 10
    inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    I started trying to replicate that in a way, and was told no.. All was to be in one post :D

7. Dec 8, 2011 #7 of 10
    Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    I think you do something like this:

Want to watch two things at the same time?
    Learn about Doubleplay with dual live buffers here: DoublePlay FAQ

8. Dec 8, 2011 #8 of 10
    Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    I want all of the PDF links in the first post. The links that you have been working on will have to be in the posts after that. The pdf's are going to be the most up to date information, the best looking and the easiest to look at on a mobile device. That's why I would like them in post 1.

The posts after that still have to contain the links that you verified, if and when new features or information comes available we can add a new pdf to the first post and remove the link from later posts. All the links that you checked out still need to be there, just not in post one.

I know that you have a ton of time invested in the link checks and when we get the questions together for the first post you can make the first post and then Stuart or I can put in the links. One thing that I would ask is to remove signatures from these posts or put a signature on the last post in the thread so it isn't so repetitive.

Thinking out loud on a computer screen isn't one of my strong qualities, so don't let me say or do something that doesn't work for you guys, that's why we are working in a private area. Feelings aside, I want it done right not just done.

9. Dec 8, 2011 #9 of 10
    inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    I was thinking one post with all our signatures at the end.

10. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    What I meant is more the asked-and-answered format of that thread, not the multiple post part of it.

Most likely the author of the thread, which will be locked, will be Scott or myself, with post #1 being the q&a with links to the PDFs, and post 2 being a thank you to all who participated (except those who specifically tell us they don't want to go public with their involvement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.