1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

questions re: dish/directv at a beachhouse

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by conchshell, Oct 21, 2009.

1. conchshell

conchshell Cool Member

Jun 8, 2007
    I was wondering if I can expect any issues for a dish network/directv install at a west coast beach house. The location gets a lot of wind, sea air, etc, and I am curious for those who have dbs installed at their beachhouses has it been a challenge to maintain the dish, etc, or basically the same level of care (ie basically none) as an inland house. Thanks in advance.

2. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Mar 25, 2002
    I live about 3 blocks from the ocean and have had no problems with my dishes. I took them down once when we had enough warning of a hurricane coming through, other than that they've been great.