1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Quick question on adding a receiver

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by bubbagumper6, Jul 23, 2013.

1. bubbagumper6

bubbagumper6 AllStar

Aug 13, 2010
    So a friend is moving in with me and I need an additional receiver so he can watch tv in his room, my question is, what's the easiest way to go about this? Doesn't need to be anything fancy, I already have two DVR's and the whole home service so just a standard receiver should work. I have a regular HD receiver sitting down in my basement but directv had me send back the little access card that was in it, so is there an easy way to get a new access card and activate that receiver? I'd really like to avoid paying $99 for a new receiver from directv...thanks in advance!

2. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    DIRECTV can get you a new access card. IIRC, they're $20.

I recommend you call DIRECTV and see what you're options are. I'm sure they can help and provide you with the most economical solution.

Mike

3. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    DIRECTV can get you a new access card. IIRC, they're $20.

I recommend you call DIRECTV and see what you're options are. I'm sure they can help and provide you with the most economical solution.

Mike

Correction. The card is free, however, they charge you $20 for shipping and handling. :)

- Merg

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

4. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    Ummm...Okay. :D

5. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    What model is this HD receiver?

6. bubbagumper6

bubbagumper6 AllStar

Aug 13, 2010
    Called em today, new access card on the way for $20 so we're good. :)

Thanks guys