1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick question on dealing with old recivers

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by DarkLogix, Nov 8, 2011.

1. DarkLogix

DarkLogix Godfather

Oct 20, 2011
    I have an old D11 (ie non-swm capable) reciver

I also have the protection plan

is it possible to get the D11 replaced without going into contract?
    I ask because if so then I'll just wait till the HR34 is available as I don't want to use up any upgrade leverage to early

also how do I get rid of a non-used D11 (I have one in use and one sitting somewhere because they never picked it up)

I'll be upgrading my setup to SWM very soon with Deca

2. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Not if you mean upgrading to a mrv compatiable reciver? The protection plan will change out a D11 for a D12 if the current D11 is broken (D11) is No longer offered so a D12 would be subbed.

You could purchase a owned receiver (ebay) or from someone on this site and add it to your account with out adding to your contract commit.(CHECK THE IRD# with D* before purchase)

If you use a SWIM 8 You can connect a D11 to a Legacy port- I changed my system out to Swim and still using a D10 -Where it is used I don't need MRV

Is that what your asking?

3. DarkLogix

DarkLogix Godfather

Oct 20, 2011
    Thanks
    if I swaped out the D11 it would just be till the HR34 is available so that I wouldn't have to go up and change from leg1 to the swm splitter for that reciver

My plan is to get a HR34 then put my HR20-700 in the place of the D11 so that I can still watch the shows from the HR20

I guess I'll just go with waiting and put the D11 on the Leg1 port of the SWM16 I ordered (still waiting on it to arrive)

4. DarkLogix

DarkLogix Godfather

Oct 20, 2011
    on the other part of the question what can I do to get rid of the extra D11?

5. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Recycle-Scrap yard (local in your town) for Cash.

6. DarkLogix

DarkLogix Godfather

Oct 20, 2011
    Ok so I shouldn't worry that they might dicide that they want them... ?

7. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    I don't think so-But I'm sure someone will correct me quickly if I say Toss it :)

Stay tuned (better to have it and not need it--THAN---Need it and NOT have it):D

8. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Call DirecTV, give them the RID number and ask what it's status is showing as (as far as owned or leased). If it is shown as owned, you can either keep it and activate/deactivate as desired/needed, or you can offer it for sale, or toss it. Won't bring a heap of cash, but there could be someone interested in it.

9. DarkLogix

DarkLogix Godfather

Oct 20, 2011
    thanks
    it is listed on my account page with the location of not in use
    I'll contact D* and see if they have clasifiesd it as owned as the contract time related to it is up and its not made anymore