1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick Question...

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by smalltownheel, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smalltownheel

smalltownheel New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Is there anyway to send a Dish Network signal wirelessly to another room? I'm trying to help a family member out and you'd have to be a WIRING GENIUS to make this run. I need to send the signal to an adjacent room. Thanks

2. Taco Lover

Taco Lover Icon

Jan 8, 2007
  3. smalltownheel

smalltownheel New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    You guys are fast! Thanks! This device seems to good to be true! I guess I'll be ordering one tomorrow. Wonder why I haven't heard of this device before? They ought to have an infomercial.

4. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Better yet, try these guys: http://www.rflinkusa.com/products_AVS5811.html
    The best thing about them is you don't support X-10 (the inventer of the pop under ad and past spammer right here at this very site). :(

5. Taco Lover

Taco Lover Icon

Jan 8, 2007
    Thanks Richard. Didn't know that.

6. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Are you trying to send a processed DISH signal or the raw signal to another room wirelessly?:)

7. smalltownheel

smalltownheel New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    I think it would be a processed one??? It will be coming out of a Dish receiver that already has signal and into another TV w/o a receiver. The current line has some kind of damage to it. I think it was water damage.

8. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    What all of these devices do is take the output of the composite video and L/R Audio into them and then transmit them to a receiver in the other room which outputs on an unused channel on the television set. So, connect Yellow/Red/White to the "transmitter" device and receive at the other television using the receiver. Output from the receiver is either an unused channel (modulated in the device) or on some units composite/Left/Right.

Here's a similar product from Terk: http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/...10001&storeId=10001&productId=14138&langId=-1

9. smalltownheel

smalltownheel New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Thanks for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.