1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick Tune question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by korkle, Dec 23, 2008.

1. korkle

korkle Mentor

Jun 16, 2006
    I just got the new update that included Quick Tune. There is a button to add a channel but I can't seem to find a way to remove one once it is added. Any help?
    Thanks

2. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Only way to remove channels is to replace them with new ones.

3. nn8l

nn8l Legend

Sep 7, 2007
    I noticed there's no way to add any of the mix channels as the direction keys are used for moving around in the mix channels themselves.

4. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    Can't do that at this time.

5. dvdmth

dvdmth Icon

Jul 24, 2008
    Denver, CO
    I believe if you hit the Exit button the interactive program will stop running, which should allow you to bring up QuickTune on those channels.

6. jleupen

jleupen Legend

Jul 26, 2007
    I think this QuickTune feature is very cool. However, a few suggestions to make it even better:
    1) Make the grid 4x4 instead of 3x3.
    2) Allow use of the right arrow, or down arrow to have multiple unique QuickTune options. (I noticed that the left arrow key already maps to the setup menu.) This would allow one set for me, one set for my wife and one set for my kids...

7. dodge boy

dodge boy R.I.P. Chris Henry

Mar 31, 2006
    If 4x4 why not 5x5? Wait my 60 inch TV can show the whole guide at once, so why not all the channels? :p I'm not being rude I'm just saying what will happen. I for one wanted a quick tune for each favorite. Mybe D* could bring back the old "Logo Guide" as an option. ;)

8. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I'm sure that DIRECTV could have gone a lot of directions but they just wanted a plain and simple app, not a replacement for the guide.

9. rotohead

rotohead Legend

Nov 28, 2007
    Reno, NV
    Don't know if this has been mentioned about Quicktune but here's the feature I'd like to see added.
    When you highlight a channel the white headline banner shows brief description of what's currently playing. I had a DST-3000 Toshiba HD box that did this and it was of great help.

10. rahlquist

rahlquist Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2007
    Some of us have discussed expanding this before and here is what I figure DirecTV is using for their logic.

Up Arrow + Select = 2 button press
    Up Arrow + One Arrow Direction + Select = 3 button presses
    Up Arrow + One Arrow Direction + One Arrow Direction + Select = 4 button presses

4 button presses is the same as punching in a 3 digit channel and hitting select. Any larger grid than 3 x 3 would cause too many button press likely in DirecTV's opinion and would be better suited for a favorites list. Thats my guess at least.

11. Buzz112

Buzz112 Mentor

Jan 30, 2007
    For old guys with failing eye sight (like me), the 3x3 grid is tough to makeout the little Logo in each box. 4x4 would allow a bigger (more visable) Logo. However, I do like the new feature. Saves a lot of time scrolling from one favorite to another.

12. jleupen

jleupen Legend

Jul 26, 2007

I was suggesting something like this:

Up Arrow + Select = 2 button press
    Right Arrow + Select = 2 button press
    Down Arrow + Select = 2 button press

This would give 3 discrete QuickTune lists.

13. jleupen

jleupen Legend

Jul 26, 2007
    Maybe a setup menu option so each person could decide between 3x3 and 4x4 grid? That way everyone could be happy. :)

14. billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    You're pretty optimistic. Based on many months of reading these forum messages, there's no way DirecTV can make EVERYONE happy. :D

However, I'm happy with the 3 by 3 Quick Tune popup as it is.

15. Steve0296

Steve0296 Mentor

Oct 21, 2006
    Second that!
    It's a nice idea but I find it pretty useless when you can't tell what's on the different channels.