1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quicktune Problem on HR100

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by coota, Dec 19, 2011.

1. coota

coota Legend

Apr 10, 2007
    Every once in a while, maybe once a week or so, all the entries in my quick tune menu are cleared and have to be re-entered. In addition it normally takes several minutes for the new entry to register and while waiting the unit is frozen. Anyone else experiencing this problem. I have two HR100's and only one manifests this issue.

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Check your DVR model number (label behind front panel access card door). There is no "HR100" model.

3. coota

coota Legend

Apr 10, 2007
    ooops. sorry, confused the dash number on my dvr's. The one in question is an HR20. How can I change the title of the thread?

4. F1 Fan

F1 Fan Icon

Aug 28, 2007
    I believe that information is stored on part of the hard drive. It sounds as if something is failing on the drive and you may lose it all soon. I would watch all the movies you have recorded on it and get ready to call for a replacement.

5. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Run the Built in Self-test (BIST) to try and repair your hard drive. To run the hard drive checks, please follow these steps:

* Reboot DVR via red button inside card door.
    * When you see "Running receiver self-check" press select
    * You will see "Entering Diagnostics Mode..."
    * Select Advanced Tests Menu -> Hard Drive utilities -> Short Smart test

You can also run the file test, and the DVR can sometimes repair a bad file report.
    * If the other tests pass, run the surface test. Warning: This process could take several hours to complete. You may want to run it overnight.

The good news is that every attempt is made to save programming. This is less destructive than a reformat all and could provide you with a more stable system if you are having problems that appear to be related to the hard drive.

6. Eben

Eben Legend

Sep 10, 2007
    Can you do a menu restart and still enter Diag Mode, or does it have to be RBR?

7. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    Menu restart will work fine too. It just has to be some sort of boot/reboot to get into the that screen.