1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R-15 Cannot do SR

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by leier911, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leier911

leier911 AllStar

Oct 17, 2006
    Anyone know why I can no longer do a series record that was on before? IE, I had Wonder years, on the series record. The system went and decided to do a reboot one day, like a full reboot, so nothing was there. Everything was gone. All favorite channels, all past shows, etc. were gone, so I started from fresh and did the setup, etc. Now when i go back to Wonder years, and try to do series record, it shows the R, then the R))), then it goes away. When I go to try it in the INFO section, it does the same. All other shows I can, just not the ones that were on the system previously before it rebooted!!

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Because it is auto processing your selection.
    Which the default is Record First Runs.

Since that episode is not a first run, it is not scheduling it to record.

If you check your prioritizer, you will find that it is your prioritizer.

Try using the RECORD ALL option when in the INFO screen, and change the option to BOTH instead of FIRST RUN

3. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    On my R15-300, it defaults to Record Both whenever I tell it to record a series. How do I get it to default to Record First Runs then?

- Merg

4. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    When in the full record menu (INFO->Record or INFO->Record All)

Hit Menu, to set DEFAULT RECORDING options

5. leier911

leier911 AllStar

Oct 17, 2006
    I tried that as well, that is usually what I do. I try not to hit the R. But tried both to see. So I went into info, did BOTH, and then did keep ALL episodes and set all that, and hit record series, and it shows it, but then no R by any of the names. Tried to completely reset and do it again, but nothing!

6. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    No R by any of the names.......

Is it showing up in your Prioritizer?
    Do you have any of the episodes existing on your hard drive?

How long are you waiting between the time you set the recording, and you check the ToDo list, or the guide to see if it is scheduled..

7. leier911

leier911 AllStar

Oct 17, 2006
    It does not show up anywhere, not history, not prioritizer, nothing. I tried again hitting the R button, it will show up and stay. To record just that ONE episode, so that works. When I try to hit R twice, it does show the R))) for like 2 seconds, then they go away and nothing. Happens the same when I try the INFO approach.

Well I tried last night too and checked this morning to see, but nothing appears anywhere. I have zero episodes left on my hard drive as I previously did a full restore/reset a couple days ago, so it's pretty much like I just got it, all fresh. I figured I'd start fresh from new since I had issues as well.

8. SPECIES11703

SPECIES11703 AllStar

Oct 10, 2004
    This happened to me when I first got the R-15. The CSR at D* walked me though and I did a total re-format on the drive. Ever since then my R-15 works great!! No hiccups !:)

9. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    When you do a list of episodes...

How many episodes list?

10. leier911

leier911 AllStar

Oct 17, 2006
    Where do you mean?

11. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    When you go to INFO for a program, right below the recording, there should be a button to list for EPISODES

12. leier911

leier911 AllStar

Oct 17, 2006
    It just shows a bunch of the episodes, it shows Wonder Years, and 9 pm, 9:30 pm, then tomorrow, Wonder Years, 9 pm, 9:30 pm and so on

13. bto4wd

bto4wd Duplicate User (Account Closed)

Apr 17, 2007
    Could the series not be flagged as a series?

14. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    That is what I was thinking with the Episode lookup....

The only thing I could guess at this piont, is the R15 "thinks" you have a series link for it... but is just not displaying it in the Prioritizer list for some reason.

You may be able to try the 2nd RESET option, which is the middle one on the screen (can't remember it's exact wordings)... that will delete all your series links, favorites, ect... but not your recordings...

To see if that clears it out...
    Other then that.....

15. leier911

leier911 AllStar

Oct 17, 2006
    I will try that option and see what happens! Thanks Guys!

16. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    I think it is not showing as a series. I have the same issue with a show I record for my toddler, "The Wiggles". It is on daily on Disney channel so I thought it was a series. I push the R button twice and then the R goes away, every time no matter how I access the screen. I finally manually record as far out as I can. I think that shows that are on daily are not considered "series". That was one feature that "E" did better. You could tell the DVR to record a certain channel at a certain time, no matter what was on the channel. So you could tell it to record Disney at 8:00 am daily. It did not have to be a series. Much more user friendly than series.

17. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Found it, thanks. Although, why did D* make it so hard to find the defaults menu for recording? This should be something right under the main settings menu or even as an additional option on the record screen.

- Merg

18. desslock

desslock Mentor

Jun 19, 2007
    I've had this happen too. In the prioritizer it shows NO episodes at all, even though they clearly exist in the guide. Any attempt to set them to record, the (R) goes away.

19. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Okay, for whatever reason, I cannot find the Default Recording options screen. What exactly did you mean by the "full record menu"? From what screen am I hitting the Info button?

I've tried hitting the button while on the Scheduler screen, the Prioritizer screen, or after selecting a show from the prioritizer. The closest I get is the settings for the current show--not the defaults.

Thanks again,
    Merg

20. candledelite

candledelite Cool Member

Apr 20, 2006
    I just had the same issue. Yesterday when I came home, turned my TV on and it was in total reboot mode. Then all my scheduled programs were gone and when I tried to re- record them the system would not let me record a series again.

What can be done to fix this? Also I contacted "D" and their only response was to totally reset the unit. Which means I would loose all recorded shows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.