1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

R-15 new software/patch question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by leier911, Dec 30, 2009.

1. leier911

leier911 AllStar

Oct 17, 2006
    I have a couple quick questions.

1. Last night I decided to go into the R-15 (100) I believe and do a receiver reset, it did it's full reset, reboot, etc. and came back on finally. I noticed a couple things, one was the BLUE EYE light was back on (I had forgot it was off for awhile now) and I went into the settings and noticed it was fully back at version 0122x or something similar.

Questions are: last time it was a different version and shows next schedule update, etc. DO I have to manually update the box again somehow or will it update itself to the newest version? If not, how do I force the patch/update? 2nd, why is the blue light back on? Did the newer patches I had disable the light? Like some people didn't like or something?

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    The current version, released in the latter half of August, should be 0x1274.

It should update on its own if it can see all of the satellites (101W, 110W, 119W). It may come faster if you insure that the receiver is turned off (standby).

Here's a thread on forcing the update on an R15-100: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=129682&highlight=R15+forced+update

The "blue eye" ("Light Ring") setting is on page 6 of the R15 manual and doesn't survive a reboot.

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Resetting your DVR should not change its software version. Are you sure it really changed?