1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R-15 Setup Stacked Signal

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by needfortivo, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 2, 2006 #1 of 26
    needfortivo

needfortivo New Member

Mar 2, 2006
    :confused: I went in and changed the LNB to stacked (right button and active)(I live in an MDU complex)but it still goes through the setup and tells me there is no signal. Any instructions would be greatly appreciated :confused:

2. Mar 2, 2006 #2 of 26
    needfortivo

needfortivo New Member

Mar 2, 2006
    HELP Hopefully someone knows ?? I haven't been able to accomplish anything with D***

3. Mar 2, 2006 #3 of 26
    Wolffpack

Wolffpack Banned User

Jul 29, 2003
    Just because you live in an appartment doesn't mean they have a stacker installed. Have you contacted you building's management?

4. Mar 2, 2006 #4 of 26
    Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Hmmm...

I would have to second Wolfpacks suggestion, check with your building to make sure it is a stacked signal.

As you should minimally get "half" the signal if the destacker wasn't working.

5. Mar 3, 2006 #5 of 26
    needfortivo

needfortivo New Member

Mar 2, 2006
    Yes it is a stacked signal. I get nothing it only starts searching for the satalite. I need to know how to get it setup. I cant get past the searching for signal

6. Mar 3, 2006 #6 of 26
    cabanaboy1977

cabanaboy1977 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    did they run two leads or only one? If you only have one you need to have it hooked to Sat one on the box. If they ran two try switching the leads and see if that helps it could be a bad lead.

7. Mar 3, 2006 #7 of 26
    carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Is it possible that the outlet in your apartment is not connected to the stacked signal? Is an over the air or cable signal an option (and maybe you are connected to that instead)?

Carl

8. Mar 8, 2006 #8 of 26
    needfortivo

needfortivo New Member

Mar 2, 2006
    it has one lead. they have given me one cable box that is in the living room. The maintance guy said that you can buy the boxes and install them in the apt. he said some of my neighbors have already done this. So hopefully I can get some info from them.

9. Mar 8, 2006 #9 of 26
    morgantown

morgantown Icon

Nov 15, 2005
    "Cable box" or DirecTV receiver? Either way good luck figuring it out with your neighbors.

10. needfortivo

needfortivo New Member

Mar 2, 2006
    sorry meant receiver any input on my proble would be helpful

11. Clint Lamor

Clint Lamor Hall Of Fame

Nov 15, 2005
    I know I asked this once before but not sure if it ever got answered. What sort of problems does a stacked signal cause? Also is there a stacker someone can reccomend? I would like to getmy second tuner back. :)

12. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    The biggest limitation with a stacked signal, is that on the "cheap" end of the stacker technologies ($150 I think for the stacking unit) is only good for the 101 SAT.

Which unless you are viewing a lot of the "extended" (foreign) and HD programming, isn't that much of an issue.

http://www.9thtee.com/dssstuff.htm#TSAT

This will give you a good idea on the prices you will see out there.

13. morgantown

morgantown Icon

Nov 15, 2005
    No need to be sorry. Does not look as if you are getting any signal at all, which means this problem is unrelated to a stacker. Therefore, the best bet would be to see how your neighbors are getting a signal. Personally, I wonder if your line is even hooked up outside of your apartment...

Good luck!

14. Clint Lamor

Clint Lamor Hall Of Fame

Nov 15, 2005
    Thanks for the info. Do you know if I can stack the HD signal also? I don't have HD right now but in the next week or two I am going to order my new TV and it's going to be HD.

15. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    The bulk of the HD material is on the 110 and the 119.
    So unless you go with that dish they list on that page (about $600)

Then no, you won't be able to stack in the extra HD material.

16. Clint Lamor

Clint Lamor Hall Of Fame

Nov 15, 2005
    LOL shows what I get for posting before I actually looked at the link. :)

17. sattec

sattec Godfather

May 28, 2004
    the system operator is blocking the L-band to his apartment.

18. needfortivo

needfortivo New Member

Mar 2, 2006
    If I hook the coax up to the TV I get regular channels up to 90. The recevier in the living room I get all the channels. moved the receiver to room and get all channels. Trying to figure this one out????

19. Wolffpack

Wolffpack Banned User

Jul 29, 2003
    That's an analog cable feed. Not SAT. Hooking up a SAT to to the TV might just fry your TV's tuner.

20. morgantown

morgantown Icon

Nov 15, 2005
    Does not sound to me like that "receiver" has anything at all to do with DirecTV (unless of course you simply have the cable hooked up to the antennea input). Nothing you have stated leads me in any way to believe that you have DirecTV service.

So out of curiosity if nothing else, what does that receiver say on the front of it and how to you have your cable hooked up to it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.