1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R-16 Interactive weather problems

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by t/a guy, Jul 26, 2010.

1. t/a guy

t/a guy Mentor

Jul 6, 2010
    Every once in awhile my r16 looses it`s different city`s I have set in it. It goes back to 90245 zip code. After I reboot it comes back to normal. Anyone else`s doing this to.

2. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Have you tried tightening it?

3. t/a guy

t/a guy Mentor

Jul 6, 2010
    Tightning what.

4. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    BAHAHA!

Also, try not using it in Canada :grin:

5. t/a guy

t/a guy Mentor

Jul 6, 2010
    It works great in Canada. Don`t be hatin`. We`re all in the same boat anyway my American neighbors.

6. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Well, be that as it may, spartanstew's suggestion should help with what you are after.

7. t/a guy

t/a guy Mentor

Jul 6, 2010
    OK I`ll check things out. I thought maybe it was a glitch on D* part. Thanks guys .

8. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson

This is why you were 1st recommended to tighten it. The word you are looking for is lose, not loose...and if you truly live in Canada it is against FCC regs and Direct's TOS for you to be getting D* service in Canada. I would highly recommend not posting here again, they have ways of finding you.

9. t/a guy

t/a guy Mentor

Jul 6, 2010
    Thanks for the tip. I don`t think they`ll find me ,I've had programming since 1996 and I'm sure they like the 150$ I give them every month. But I thank you anyway. LATER DUDES

10. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Big brother is always watching... I bet he gets shut off now, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the office of signal integrity was a regular lurker around here. :D

And if they read this thread: Hi guys! :hi: