1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R-22 Stuck at Step 1 of 2

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by bridge, Jul 27, 2010.

1. bridge

bridge AllStar

Feb 10, 2008
    My R-22 (with converters passing HD) is uber stuck. I tried restarting, unplugging, error scan, and it won't enter diagnostic mode. I also tried re-downloading the national release. Does anyone have any ideas or am I hosed?

2. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    It is verifying that your setup is correct. It's possible something has gone wrong and it can't find the satellites in it's configuration.

Try pressing EXIT and see if you can get to the setup menu. If you can, go to satellite setup and try changing the configuration to a round 18" dish (the minimum configuration) and then let it restart.

If that doesn't work, unplug it from the wall, disconnect the satellite cables and plug it in. If it gets to the "searching for satellites" screen, try the above reconfiguration.

If it just hangs up even when trying these tricks the HDD may have died in which case the only solution is to call DirecTV.

3. bridge

bridge AllStar

Feb 10, 2008
    Thanks for the reply. No joy. Still stopping at Step 1 of 2. Uhg. I've got the repair plan, does anyone know what they're sending in replacement for the R-22's these days?

4. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    R22 <-> R22, you will get another one :)

5. bridge

bridge AllStar

Feb 10, 2008
    Man I hope so...go Cowboys.

6. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    That is the word around here... if they send you something else, unless it's an HR, don't activate it and call and complain.

7. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Be sure to loudly complain if they try to replace your R22 with an R15 or R16 explaining you use "DirecTV on Demand" which isn't available on those other DVR's.