1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R.I.P PS3

Discussion in 'Gaming Fun - The Other Reality' started by Brandon428, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandon428

Brandon428 Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2007
    Sad news today. My PS3 died last night. I went to play soul calibur and it froze on me. I reset it and noticed the disc didn't show up in the XMB. I tried every type of disc:cd,DVD,BD,PS1 but nothing worked. It never had a problem before the 2.42 update. I heard online that the PS3 has a fail rate of 0.0002 so I must be extremely unlucky. I am gonna try to return it to Walmart. I have had it for 9 months but I had my old 60 gig for 4 months and returned it to Walmart with no problems,she never even looked at the date so I'll give it a shot. If I can get it returned I might just end up getting a stand alone Blu-ray player. If I can't return it Ill have to send it to Sony. Thank goodness I am still under warranty and still have my receipt. Everyone always makes fun of me for keeping all my receipts.:D

2. Smthkd

Smthkd Icon

Sep 1, 2004
    Did you try a full system reformat in ths settings area?

3. Brandon428

Brandon428 Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2007
    Yeah, I tried everything short of dismantling it and trying to fix it from inside,which I don't want to void my warranty.

4. Brandon428

Brandon428 Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2007
    Got my coffin Tuesday and sent it off Wednesday,Sony hasn't told me they received it yet. I am already having Warhawk withdrawals!

5. pfueri

pfueri Godfather

Jan 22, 2007
    If you have had it less than a year you send it to sony they will fix it for free. If over a year like I had to do it was $149.00 and they send you box and pay for all shipping .And you get the same model you send them.So if you have the 60 gig they fix it or send the same model back.It only took 10 days total.

6. Brandon428

Brandon428 Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2007
    Went through some crap with UPS but I should finally be getting it tomorrow. I'm gonna put it through the ringer to make sure it works perfect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.