1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

R15/100 dvr no video from RCA or antenna out connections

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by dlf35121, May 15, 2013.

1. dlf35121

dlf35121 New Member

May 3, 2011
    my first post to the forum. my proplem is i have a new tv it has hdmi/ rca/ant connections no s-video.we had a lighten storm and it done something to my receiver.s-video and left audeo is the only connections that work on my receiver.i had to buy a s-video to rca connector so i could get video to work but the picture is bad how can i fix this problem with this receiver?i have a old receiver thats the same receiver and i thought i could replace the board can this be done? thanks for any info on my problem

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    It looks like your DVR is defective. Call DirecTV to request a replacement Receiver/DVR. It's free if you have their Equipment Protection Plan, or within 90-days of installation. Otherwise ~$20 for shipping. Or ~$50 to have a tech come replace it for you.

3. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Since you state that your TV has HDMI connections it should be an HD TV.
    Why not call and see what they will do for you for an upgrade to HD service.
    You will probably be surprised at how little they will charge you to come out and change your dish and your receiver to HD.

If you do not want to do that I would call them for a replacement receiver. The replacement would probably be an R-16.

4. dlf35121

dlf35121 New Member

May 3, 2011
    thanks i i own the receiver it's 3or 4 years old i don' want the 2 years lease deal

5. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    You couldnt pay me to use an SD device with any decent HDTV...2 year commitment or not. It ruins the whole viewing experience.

6. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I do not have any channels in my favorite list that is not HD. It took about 2 days to cut the SD channels out. Your eyes will thank you for switching.