1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R15/500 questions: Software ver, "R", Keep at most....

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jazaddict, Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jazaddict

jazaddict Cool Member

Feb 23, 2006
    Hi,
    Menu>setiings>setup>info doesn't show me the software version. Any other way to find it out?

On the Guide or anywhere else the R-twice doesn't set to record entire season of (among other things) American Idol. When I press it twice, the second press turns off the R.

Where is the "Keep at most" setting?

Thanks.

2. Blurayfan

Blurayfan Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Illinois
    The software version is listed on the System Info look for

Original Version 0x????
    Past Upgrade 0x????

The ? will be what is considered the software version.

As to the "R" not setting a Series Link this could be part of the "Series Link" bug that is not fixed yet.

"Keep At Most" is part of "Series Link" options <Menu><Settings><Scheduler><Prioritizer><select the program you wish to update><record><tab to "Series Link" using blue button on remote>

3. jazaddict

jazaddict Cool Member

Feb 23, 2006
    Ah...I wasn't hitting SELECT on the INFO item because data appeared on the right w/out hitting SELECT. In any case I have the latest.

Once I got into the SERIES LINK tab I was able to convert the R to R)). It just doesn't work from the guide.

And its odd that the keep at most tops out at 5 yet I have 6 of some shows.

Anyway, thanks.

4. cabanaboy1977

cabanaboy1977 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005

There is also a option for keep all. You probably have those set to that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.