1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

r15 freezes @ 70% on reset from menu

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by bflora, Jul 9, 2010.

1. bflora

bflora Legend

Nov 5, 2007
    I have an r15 that I use for slingbox. We had some major electrical storms recently with power outages of several days. It now drops tuner 2 occasionally and has to be reset. If I reset by choosing reset in the menu (the only way I can do it remotely) it gets stuck at about 70% on receiving satellite info. If I reset by pulling the plug it resets all the way. Anyone have any helpful ideas? Is Dtv still requiring the return of r15's?

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
  3. bflora

bflora Legend

Nov 5, 2007
    Just looking at the possibilities. I am thinking of trying a forced software download in case the operating software is corrupted and if that fails trying a complete hard drive reformat. It also depends on how often this presents a problem when I'm not at home to unplug reboot. Also wondering if this is the beginning of the end for this r15.