1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R15 missing some channels.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by flytank, May 16, 2009.

1. flytank

flytank AllStar

Feb 25, 2007
    Hi guys. My daughter's R15 is missing a few channels from the guide, mainly channels 401 to 425 (spanish channels to which I subscribe). Also if punched in directly on the remote will not bring them up, it will just take me to the next channels available (425). I do not get a "channel not available" message. These channels are all showing on all my other receivers at home 9all my other boxes are fine). These are all the steps I've already taken:

1. Made sure the remote is showing all channels, not favorites, channels I get, etc.
    2. Tried entering the channels manually as explained above.
    3. Refreshed the services via the DTV website.
    4. Soft reset (via remote on system setup).
    5. RBR reset.
    6. Hard reset by leaving box unplugged overnight.
    7. Gave up and called DTV CSR. The CSR re-sent the signal to the box and nothing. CSR de-activated and re-activated all my programming and nothing. CSR did all kinds of troubleshooting on her side and nothing. She said that she was going to need to send a tech to the house this coming Monday.
    8. For giggles I downloaded a CE last night to her box, that didn't do anything either (as far as bringing these channels back).

Anything else I can do, thanks.

2. doctrsnoop

doctrsnoop Godfather

Nov 20, 2007
    Other boxes in the house okay?

If so, try a reset everything in the R15/full setup. Unfortunately will lose any saved programs.

3. LI-SVT

LI-SVT Icon

May 18, 2006
    Is the sat configuration the same for all boxes on the account?

What kind of dish/dishes do you have?

Some of those channels may be coming from the 110 and 119 birds. If the R15 is set up for 101 only it would do as you described.

4. miketorse

miketorse Icon

Jul 29, 2008
    Agree, I think the Spanish stations come from 119. Make sure your R15 is setup as a 3LNB dish (or Slimline - I think the R15 has the "Slimline" option even though they don't see 99 and 103).

5. flytank

flytank AllStar

Feb 25, 2007
    LI-SVT and miketorso....you both are right !!! That was the problem !!! The R-15 was set to the slimline dish and needed to be set to the Oval, 3lnb. The tech was here today and took him less than 2 mins to figure it out. Im just baffled that the CSR didnt have me check something so simple when I called.

Thanks all for your help !!

Flytank