1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R15, new software 10AC

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Renard, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renard

Renard Godfather

Jun 21, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    This morning at 1.30am Pacific time, I received the new software with the new white GUI, and other improvements. However, I was checking my signal meter on sat 101 and since the new update my signals are reading low. I lost between 5 to 15% on the transponders. For example, on TP 17 before the update I had 76%, now with the new update i am at 66% :eek2:. I checked all TPs on 101 and i can say that i lost some signal strength, before update on Tp 1 on sat 101: 88%, now on the same Tp with new software 76% :confused:
    Should I be concern with these readings, or not. (rain fading)
    I have checked my readings on my Hr20 and they are higher. So I think it's a software problem with the R15.
    I was wondering if you noticed this problem on the R15 with the new software?

I know that I have a problem with my LNB on my side car or with the multi switch. Indeed, I have higher readings on even Tps on sat 101 than odd Tps on sat 101 on all my receivers (Tivo, R15, HR20).
    For example I have 90+% on even Tps and 70%+ on odd TPs on sat 101.
    Which bring me to this question, I don't have the protection plan, I think i have to pay $70 for service call. Does this price include the replacement of the dish, and/or the multiswitch , or do I have to pay $70 + the replacement of the dish and/or the multiswitch?
    Thanks for your help :D

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    I would first try to reboot the unit.

Then try it on the same feeds as your HR20...

I didn't notice any issues with signal drop on my R15-500 when I updated to the equivilent for 0x10AB (and subsequent CE's)

3. idbl_fanatic

idbl_fanatic New Member

Oct 17, 2007

I got this update as well, but only on ONE of my R-15's I tried to force the update on the other by using 02468 on bootup and it said found new software, blah blah, went through all that, but still didn't update to the new "look" how can I get this on the other R-15?

4. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    You can't force it... you will have to wait for that system to be authorized to get the update.. (it is done by Access Card Number)

5. Renard

Renard Godfather

Jun 21, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    Sorry i forgot to mention it, I have the R15 300, with the new 0X10AC software.
    I also forgot to mention , I downloaded this version before, and i noticed the problem, after i went back to the national release and i had higher readings with the national.
    Weird

6. idbl_fanatic

idbl_fanatic New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    AHHHH This splains it.................thank you.

Soooooooooooooo..........................what if I pull my access card from my other R-15 and put it in the other one? would it download it?

7. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    No, as your other R15 won't recognize your access card... as the cards are "married" to the box

8. kruegs

kruegs Legend

Feb 19, 2007
    Same thing with me... about a 5 point drop on my R15-300 after the new software downloaded... although I did confirm on my other set HR20 that the strength on it remained unchanged... so I agree... the new software on the -300 must be what is causing the lower reported strength.

9. JeffTex42

JeffTex42 Legend

Sep 14, 2007
    OT - what is the purpose of the cards since they are married to the box? Why bother?

10. aubrey_q

aubrey_q New Member

Dec 10, 2006
    I have the R15-300 and it took last night's update just fine. I love the GUI and it appears to have a faster response to remote commands. I knock on wood, but my R15-300 has worked just fine for the 10 months that I've had it so far.

11. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    The Access Cards are where the security for the access to the channels is kept.

They are on "cards" as at relatively any time, DirecTV can change something about the stream... and replace the smart cards (relatively inexpensively), to accomidate those changes.

The cards are now "married" to the boxes, so you can't have Sunday Ticket... but then take your card to your buddies house with the new TV and watch Sunday Ticket there....

12. Armando

Armando Mentor

Apr 13, 2006
    i just need to say this cause everyone else does.

I GOT IT !!

13. Armando

Armando Mentor

Apr 13, 2006
    i am REALLY a LEADER, not a follower

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.