1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

R15/R16 0x1377 - Issues/Discussion

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Sea bass, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Sea bass

Sea bass Icon

Jun 9, 2005
    Just noticed an update arrived Feb 5, 2013 @ 2:31am on my R-15-500.

Basic new feature, I can sort the favorites list using the yellow button. Also channels you don't get in the guide are "shaded". I believe I have a few new logos too.

Anyone aware of any other changes? Are there release notes? Thanks.

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
  3. viclovr

viclovr AllStar

Aug 15, 2012
    i believe that release is mainly to fix the intermediate no video with audio issue

4. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    It's nice to see that DirecTV is still supporting the R15/R16 series as there are probably millions of them in service generating revenue. (They get $12/mo out of me for them!)

The previous release on the -300 was really pretty solid. I can't wait to see how this newest release performs...

5. crkeehn

crkeehn Godfather

Apr 22, 2002
    Are they doing the usual staggered rollout? I don't remember what version of the software I have, however it was released last August.

I have had instances recently where the screen goes dark, although the audio continues. Is that the bug that this is supposed to correct? I have an R15-100.

6. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    According to the firmware monitor, 0x1377 is only for the R1x-500s while the -100s and -300s will have to wait:
    http://www.redh.com/dtv/index.php?r=R

It was a staggered rollout for the past month or so, but as of yesterday it is the main one in the stream 24/7.

7. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    The current release (received September 2012) on the R15-300 is very solid and I am quite happy with it. I hope it sticks around. In fact, I think it's MUCH BETTER AND FASTER than the clunker software on my R22.

I can still do trickplay while browsing the guide or doing other things and that wonderful dash-dash delete function still works. Even if I have to know that "Prioritizer" means "Series Link" so what? :rolleyes: