1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

r15 returns?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by bflora, Jul 9, 2010.

1. bflora

bflora Legend

Nov 5, 2007
    Is Dtv still requiring the return of r15's when you upgrade/replace one of them?

2. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    It all depends....from previous posts it seems to vary from customer to customer

3. Manctech

Manctech Icon

Jul 5, 2010
    most of my R15 swaps require I take the R15 with me.

(Were still getting issued refurb R15's)

4. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    Yes, the R15 is still being actively refurb'd.

5. ndole

ndole Problem Solver

Aug 26, 2009
    All of those fancy ECO people in a big warehouse somewhere seem to be missing a lot of bad tuner-2's.

..also some brown access cards ;)

6. RobertE

RobertE DIRECTV A-Team

Jun 9, 2006
    You can tell a veteran tech from a new tech by whether or not he's got a backup on the truck.

If I can avoid it, I never roll to a job with only 1 of whatever is on the work order if it's a refurb. I don't see too many DOAs, but it's nice to have a plan B. :)

7. rynorama

rynorama AllStar

Feb 11, 2010
    I recently had to give my R15 up when they upgraded me to a couple R22's