1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R15: What shows can't be setup as a SERIES record

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Earl Bonovich, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    I have seen a bunch of posts, but can you start to list shows that you have attempted to setup as a SERIES record, but could not as you where not given the SERIES option.

Three pieces of information would be great:

-) Show Title
    -) Channel you are trying it from
    -) Have you tried it on a TiVo based product, what where the results

The last piece, is to help decipher if is an R15 interpritation of the data, a TiVo "trick" to allow it, or is it just a show that can't be setup as a series record.

NOTE: As with the other "list" threads, this is not to be a discussion about the "merit" of the feature/lack-of-feature... This is just to list shows, with the relavent data...

So when new software is being tested DirecTV can try some of our "known" cases... And when Software IS release, those people who have nothing better can do, can test some of the known cases...

2. ISWIZ

ISWIZ Icon

Nov 18, 2005
    -) Show Title- The L Word
    -) Channel you are trying it from- Any Showtime Channel
    -) Have you tried it on a TiVo based product, what where the results- Works fine on the DTIVO product.

3. ISWIZ

ISWIZ Icon

Nov 18, 2005
    -) Show Title- WLOS Local News 6 PM
    -) Channel you are trying it from- 13 (Greenville, SC Locals)
    -) Have you tried it on a TiVo based product, what where the results- Works fine on the DTIVO

4. Raybz

Raybz Mentor

Jan 1, 2006
    Will check tonite what channel it's on and verify that it won't set up properly
    But Sleeper Cell on ShowTime was giving me fits this weekend
    I know it's in re-run now but i don't think it's designated as one in the guide
    I'll double check and take some notes on what I/it was doing

5. Wolffpack

Wolffpack Banned User

Jul 29, 2003
    So is the R-15 not paying attention to the "Series" flag in the guide like the "First Run" flag? That doesn't make sense as it does allow some SLs.

On the DTivos it shows "Series" shows up under Show Type. If you go into the DTivo Wishlist and pick Category and then Show Types is lists items such as Series, Premiere, Repeat, Live, PPV, First Run and a bunch more. I wonder what the connection is here.

6. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    I think the kicker is...
    It IS pay attention to something, where TiVo is using something else... or vice versa... But which flag, or what identifiers... I don't know.

I truely wish there was a way to get the raw guide data... Just so we can see what is there...

7. Bobman

Bobman Hall Of Fame

Jan 3, 2006
    Can someone else try a SL for "30 Minute Meals" with Rachel Ray on the Food Network. I cant get mine to make a SL for it. I will try later on my DirecTivo to see if that works.

8. walters

walters Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    I think they're using their own. It's been mentioned before that TiVo augments the data (the nightly service data download). Some possibilities are: 1) they didn't want to use the data because it basically locks them into a TiVo relationship indefinitely (scary scenario, as it means maybe someday the TiVo service data download goes dark). 2) Possibly they can't use the data for legal reasons.

This is quite old and for a different market, but it may be analogous:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds10804.html
    So it appears that series link data is something they actually create and download to the box (i.e. it's not as simple as the box just recording a show called "Friends" every time it airs).

9. pyatta

pyatta Mentor

Nov 9, 2005
    The Daily Show( midnight )
    no access to tivo stuff

I've been trying to get the Daily Show to record at midnight... The To Do List will show the morning, 6PM,10PM showings but not the midnight one.. i've tried setting the series for repeats & both.. no luck..

anyone figure this one out...

by the way.. is there a way to setup a recording for a specific show at a specific time only?? many shows we like to record are replayed throughout the day night...

10. Bobman

Bobman Hall Of Fame

Jan 3, 2006
    For my comment above about 30 Minute Meals, it does work with my DirecTiVo and not my R-15.

11. monkcee

monkcee AllStar

Jan 17, 2006
    -) Show Title- Camino a la Fama
    -) Channel you are trying it from- 38 (Miami, FL Locals)
    -) Have you tried it on a TiVo based product, what where the results- Works fine on the DTIVO

12. Bobman

Bobman Hall Of Fame

Jan 3, 2006
    I am not crazy but last night I tried and "could" setup a SL for 30 Minute Meals. I am 100% positive it did not work just days ago as I tried and tried.

13. HossMcD

HossMcD Cool Member

Jan 25, 2006
    I can't get Numerous programs to establish a working SL. (CSI:Miami, Stargate SG-1 , Stargate Atlantis to name a couple). I see posts dating back to November 2005 on this topic. I have called and spoken to second level tech support and they are aware of it being a problem but have no clue when DirecTV plans to release a patch fisnig it. DO any of you have any promises from DirecTV as to when they plan to address the problem? :mad:

14. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    Promises as in a Set Date? No, as there has been no firm date set for the next software release.

Promises that they are working on it and an update is comming soon... yes.

15. Clint Lamor

Clint Lamor Hall Of Fame

Nov 15, 2005
    What wont work for SG-1 and Atlantis?

16. cabanaboy1977

cabanaboy1977 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    -) Creature Comforts
    -) BBC america
    -) Don't have a tivo

only lets you do a single record

17. walters

walters Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    Just as an aside, I'm sort of glad that failed--not for your inconvenience, of course, but because I didn't know about that show. I love Nick Park's stuff, as do my children (maybe we can get this in the rotation before I get sick of The Wrong Trousers).

18. cabanaboy1977

cabanaboy1977 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    LOL, I still need to watch the new movie. Got to love the kids, think i've see Barbie of swan lake more then I care to remember.

19. walters

walters Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    Just for completeness, Creature Comforts checks out fine on my DTiVo.

An update: this show on the TiVo has generic episode information. It records every single repeat.

20. gymbone

gymbone New Member

Feb 7, 2006
    -) The Andy Griffith Show
    -) tvland and local ch. 4 in greenville sc
    -) i don't have a TiVo based product

also

-) Show Title- WLOS Local News 6 PM
    -) Channel you are trying it from- 13 (Greenville, SC Locals)
    -) i don't have a TiVo based product

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.