1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

R16 staying connected with one co-ax?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by cbear, Jan 8, 2013.

1. cbear

cbear New Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Hi,

We're about to discontinue our Directv service in favor of cable (the bundle with internet is too good). I know that shortly after we deactivate our service our DVRs will stop functioning, so we plan to overlap a short while until we clear out the backlog of recorded programs.

My question is, will the unit be happy with just one connected co-ax? I would rather repurpose one of them to connect to the new cable box, rather than run an additional one through the house.

Thanks!

2. revolg

revolg AllStar

Apr 7, 2012
    yes it will work fine with one cable, just make sure the coax that's connected is going to tuner one, also go into setup and then repeat sat, change it to a single tuner rather then the duel.

3. cbear

cbear New Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Thank you! I appreciate it!