1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Racing screen saver

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by TomCat, Apr 17, 2013.

1. TomCat

TomCat Broadcast Engineer

Aug 31, 2002
    Who has seen this (the screen saver moving at about 3 times normal speed)? Yikes! Harmless enough, we presume.

I saw it once a few weeks ago, but since "66" I see it a lot. Maybe "6B" will fix that, and maybe that is what they mean by "stability fix".

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Not seen it on my HR24, although, I must admit that I never see the screen saver at all. :D

3. PokerJoker

PokerJoker Godfather

Apr 12, 2008
    Las Vegas
    I saw it, just once. Hasn't happened again. I thnk I was changing something in the setup menu when it occurred, but I don't remember what.

It was a bit scary! That DVR has 200 hrs of unwatched programming on it that I don't want to lose.

Keith

4. Lugnut

Lugnut AllStar

Feb 11, 2013
    Eagle, Idaho
    Did you happen to spill a soda or cup of coffee on it? I hear the receivers aren't supposed to be given caffeine. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  5. LI-SVT

LI-SVT Icon

May 18, 2006
    I have seen this on an HR20-700 years ago. I think it's one of those low priority bugs that have been there since day one.

6. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    What model are you seeing that on?

Rich

7. SomeRandomIdiot

SomeRandomIdiot Godfather

Jan 6, 2009
    I see it on the HR20-700 often, but that is the only model unit I see it on.

8. PokerJoker

PokerJoker Godfather

Apr 12, 2008
    Las Vegas
    You know, I'm not sure if it was the HR21-100 or the HR24-500. Both are in the same room hooked to the same system.