1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Raleigh NC, Indoor Omni directional Antenna Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Local Reception' started by byron2008, Apr 2, 2009.

1. byron2008

byron2008 Cool Member

Mar 27, 2008
    I'm looking to get good indoor antenna to pick up HD and digital channels for a 32" Samsung LNS3251DX/X tv. Samsung advised me to get something with an omni-directional + amplifier.

Please share any and all advice. I'd really like to avoid having something outside.

Thanks!

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    A lot depends on where you are located in Raleigh and what stuff is in between you and the towers.

I have two Dish receivers, for example, in North Raleigh.

In my main room I need a directional pointed at the Clayton antenna farm + another (omni or directional) pointed for PBS out of Chapel Hill.

In my bedroom, however, with a small omni 1/4-wave I'm getting pretty good signal on everything except for channel 40.

I can't completely explain the difference just a few feet and on the other side of one wall in my house.. but my antenna needs are clearly different just in that small amount of movement.

I always recommend buying from places like Radio Shack, because they have a liberal return policy that allows you to try a few different kinds of antennas until you find one (or a combination) that works.

3. miketorse

miketorse Icon

Jul 29, 2008
    Yes, big difference as to where in Raleigh you are. Can you give us an idea?

4. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
  5. byron2008

byron2008 Cool Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Thanks for helping pass along advice to find a decent indoor antenna for our Samsung tv. Looking to buy something soon.

6. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    The best indoor antenna is a small antenna mounted outdoors.