1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random problem just started

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by aphoward, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aphoward

aphoward Legend

Sep 8, 2006
    So I've had my HR20-700 for over a year now, with no problems whatsoever. I've participated in a few CEs, but I'm on the National Release right now. Today I go and try to check upcoming recordings, but when I hit "Manage Recordings", it tells me I have 23 on my to do list. When I click on to do list, it says there are no upcoming recordings. I know this is wrong because I can see the recording icon in the guide, and it is still recording stuff. Also, my History is now blank except for all of the software downloads from the past year and a half.

Any ideas what could be causing this unusual display, or how to fix it?

2. fliptheflop

fliptheflop AllStar

Nov 17, 2006
    I had this happen to me two weeks ago. I tried everything I could to fix it but nothing worked. So since it was still recording everything I left it alone. I noticed a few days ago that the to do list was back and working just fine.

3. Supervolcano

Supervolcano Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2007
    After your recording ends, reboot it.
    See if that fixes it.

4. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I have had similar problems and it is really just a UI issue. Your to do list is not empty but it's not capable of being displayed. It should work fine. However, a reboot, whenever you choose to do it, will probably bring the list back. It did for me.

5. aphoward

aphoward Legend

Sep 8, 2006
    Finally caught the box at a time when it wasn't recording, so I rebooted in the menu. Took a lot longer than usual to come back online, but it is back to normal now, everything is being displayed again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.