1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Randy Moss Is a Disgrace to Football

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by Rursery, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Jan 9, 2005 #1 of 63
    Rursery

Rursery Cool Member

Jul 19, 2003
    The disgusting display of simulating dropping his pants and wiping his butt on the goal post by Randy Moss after scoring a touchdown is a disgrace to the many fine football players in the NFL. Displays of this type are driving fans away from the game. How long will the NFL tolerate this disgusting behaviour? :mad:

2. Jan 9, 2005 #2 of 63
    dummyproof

dummyproof Godfather

Jan 30, 2004
    Dang!!! I was watching the game(Vikes/Packers), but after Moss fell to the ground in the endzone, I turned away from the tv only to hear... "what a classless act!"
    What did he do? :( :)

3. Jan 9, 2005 #3 of 63
    Rursery

Rursery Cool Member

Jul 19, 2003
    He got up after catching a touchdown pass; then ran over to goal post and simulated dropping trou and wiping his butt on the goal post.

4. Jan 9, 2005 #4 of 63
    Paradox-sj

Paradox-sj AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Dec 15, 2004
    he did a virtual 'moon' to the crowd

5. Jan 9, 2005 #5 of 63
    djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    They'll tolerate it for as long as they don't have to see it.

Minnesota's ownership is who has to deal with Moss. The NFL is going to have to deal with it.

One incident doesn't drive fans away in appreciable numbers. But getting away with it repeatedly might.

6. Jan 9, 2005 #6 of 63
    Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    Randy Moss told Chris Myers after the Vikings Beat the Packers that they beat there A-S-S. He told it just exactly like it happend. I'm glad the Packers are out of the playoffs now. Good Riddence to them and I hope Favre retires. Go Vikings. I hope Moss has another Monster game next week to Knock off Top Seed Philadelphia. It shouldn't be too hard with T.O. Out. Packers are due for some hard rough seasons ahead of them now. It's time for some new blood in the NFL playoffs. Green Bay is Done!

7. Jan 9, 2005 #7 of 63
    Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Both threads on this have been merged.

8. Jan 9, 2005 #8 of 63
    dummyproof

dummyproof Godfather

Jan 30, 2004
    Thank you kindly. :)

Now then... about Moss... $200,000 and suspended for the first game of next season.
    No "if's" "and's" or "butt's!" :D

9. Jan 9, 2005 #9 of 63
    Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    Randy Moss Kicked Green Bay's Butt :D Go Vikings

10. durl

durl Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2003
    If I were a coach or general manager, I wouldn't want Moss on my team. His behavior and antics just wouldn't be worth it to me.

Walking off the field last week before the final second ticked off would have been the last straw for me. It's time for him to be a leader on the team, someone the younger players can look to for advice and inspiration. He's still a child. He's more interested in being seen than being productive. When Chris Carter took him under his wing I hoped Moss would be an elite NFL player one day. It appears he's just a selfish kid with good talent. I'd trade him in a heartbeat. There are other good receivers out there.

11. mainedish

mainedish Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2003
    I was not cheering for either team but what Moss did was awful.

12. Paradox-sj

Paradox-sj AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Dec 15, 2004
    I bet I can guess the color of the state of all the people who thought what Randy did was soooo bad...LOL

Rand, and Janet both need to be take out back floged with rubber hoses and shot....make sure you send the bill for their bullet to their parents.

13. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Only problem with trading a guy like Moss... is how do you sell him to another team? Clearly he is a talented receiver when he wants to play to his potential... but the off-field stuff and the cavalier attitude he has about it all, if that's your reason for trading him... how do you convince another team they should take him?

Mind you, I'd rather see a guy slightly less talented but with a little more class on the field... but I'm not so sure that I'm not in the minority on that point, otherwise he wouldn't be still in Minnesota making the big bucks!

14. LauderDave

LauderDave Mentor

Jan 5, 2004
    Dummyproof, my wish for you this year is a DVR!

15. SamC

SamC Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2003
    Give me a freaking break.

With all the crap that goes on, on the field, all of the cell phone calls, all of simulated sexual thrusts, all of the preening. And the world can't deal with this?

With all of the crap that goes on off the field, all of the drugs, all of the women beating, all of the gunplay. And the world can't deal with having a mild road rage with an over zealous meter maid who was in the wrong?

Moss isn't a great person. But 99% of the Moss bashing comes from fans of other team, pro and college, that want to be proven right in passing on Moss in the NFL draft or in his college recruiting saga, when in fact they were simply wrong. The Cowboys and the other 15 teams that picked before Minnesota screwed up. Deal with it. The Irish, Seminoles and all of the other so-called big boys screwed up. Deal with it.

16. Rursery

Rursery Cool Member

Jul 19, 2003
    It is all the "crap" that goes on that I am talking about. This is just the latest instance.
    This is not about rooting for a team. This is about common decency. Try "mooning" someone at your job today and see how long you have a paycheck.

17. dummyproof

dummyproof Godfather

Jan 30, 2004
    Well I finally got to see it... Joe Buck certainly made it sound a few times worse than I what I actually consider it to have been, now that I have seen it. My first reaction is somewhat tempered, and I don't believe he'll see anything more than "possibly" a $20,000 fine. Certainly no suspension.

Moss is one of the true classless idiots in the NFL, you notice he even had to be bleeped out of the interview right after the game, which was obviously taped minutes prior to airing.
    You Viking's fans can try to prop up this idiot all you want, but in the end this type of person will eventually even burn you people too. :nono2:

Thanks... I'll send you my address! :D

18. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    The New England Patriots had to deal with just such an individual. You might remember a certain wide receiver they had a while back - great hands, fast as lightning and a favortie target of Drew Bledsoe - remember Terry Glenn? Even admitted in a TV interview that he dogged it on the field when he didn't feel like it (the interviewers facial expressions were priceless).

Number of Super Bowl wins with Terry Glenn: 0
    Number of Super Bowl wins when acting like a *team*: 2

19. durl

durl Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2003
    Regarding a trade of Moss, I would hope that no team would pick him up but that would penalize the Vikings for his bad behavior. That's the toughest part of the whole situation: what do you do with an extremely talented jerk once he's in your organization? Still, there will be teams out there that would be willing to endure his antics if it helps them get out of the basement.

I heard a former NFL player on the radio this morning talking about how players shouldn't have to "drink the kool-aid" and be model players as determined by the NFL. He said not everyone can do that. I thought he was a little off base. To be sure, players should be able to be themselves, but all of us have to abide by certain behavior codes in order to keep our jobs. For millions of dollars a year, you'd think a guy could abstain from pretending to moon the opponent's fans.

20. BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    I don't know what it is but the wide receivers all have this stupid one upsmanship going on. T.O. and his sharpie, Joe Horn and his cell phone, Chad Johnson with his Pepto Bismol, and Moss with his, er, "post pattern".

The joke's on us. They do this to get attention and they are succeeding. At worse they get 15 yards unsportsmanlike conduct and a fine which means nothing to these guys. Meanwhile the media will plant his face everywhere saying what a jerk he is. If a nameless fan does this they don't show him on camera. If a player does it, it will be zoomed in on and shown at half speed for the next week on TV.

My five year old daughter likes to misbehave to get attention. Some grow out of the habit, evidently a lot of pro athletes don't.